Baklava. Baklava is a sweet dessert made of layers of phyllo filled with chopped walnuts and pistachios, soaked with honey syrup. Baklava or baklawa is a rich, sweet pastry featured in many cuisines of the former Ottoman countries. It is made of layers of phyllo dough filled with chopped nuts, such as walnuts, almonds, or pistachios, and sweetened with syrup or honey.
This heavenly Baklava combines honey-soaked layers of flaky phyllo pastry with spiced walnuts. It's a great make-ahead dessert perfect for the holidays or special occasions. This honey baklava is flaky, crisp and tender and I love that it isn't overly sweet. You can cook Baklava using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Baklava
- It’s 9 sheets of phyllo.
- It’s 1/2 lbs of ground walnuts.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of maple syrup.
- You need 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of milk.
It's basically a party in your mouth. I am a huge fan of baklava and this is the BEST baklava recipe I have ever tried. 🎦 Baklava. Not to be confused with balaclava or Balaklava. Baklava is a delicious phyllo pastry popular in Middle Eastern countries.
Baklava step by step
- To make the filling: combine brown sugar, cinnamon and walnuts..
- Place 3 sheets of phyllo in the prepared pan lightly brushed with butter, spread half of the filling, top with 3 more sheets, add the other half of filling and end with the last 3 sheets of phyllo. Brush the top with butter..
- To make the syrup: stir the water, lemon juice, maple syrup until all dissolves on low heat and let it cool once done..
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees..
- With a sharp knife cut the top layer of phyllo in triangles..
- Just before baking, lightly sprinkle with cold water. This inhibits the pastry from curling..
- Bake it for about 20-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown..
- Cut through the scored lines and drizzle the cooled syrup slowly over the hot baklava. Let it cool and serve it at room temperature..
Our passionately crafted baklava recipe is handmade with the finest ingredients using top quality nuts like The clarified buttery taste and lightly sweetened fillo baklava is sensational. Easy baklava recipe made with layers of honey-soaked New to making baklava from scratch? This easy step-by-step tutorial and expert tips will help you make the BEST honey baklava every single time! The iconic Baklava is astonishingly straight forward to make! The iconic Baklava is my all time favourite pastry that I can't get enough of.