Fabulous Chicken Tagine With Olives.
You can cook Fabulous Chicken Tagine With Olives using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fabulous Chicken Tagine With Olives
- Prepare 1 of chicken, cut into small pieces.
- You need 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 150 g of olives, green or black.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- You need 1 of bunch parsley.
- Prepare 1 of bunch of coriander.
- Prepare 2 of candied lemon.
- It’s of juice of 1 lemon.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- You need of salt.
Fabulous Chicken Tagine With Olives step by step
- Slightly fry the chicken pieces in oil until golden. Remove and set aside..
- Fry the onions in the same pan until they turn golden. Add in the garlic and stir for 2 minutes. Mix in the cumin, turmeric and black pepper and keep stirring for another 2 minutes. Then add in half of the parsley and coriander..
- Add in the chicken pieces and mix well. Flavor with salt and cook for 5 to 10 minutes..
- Cover the chicken pieces with water and simmer over medium heat for 30 minutes..
- While cooking the chicken, cut the candied lemon into quarters and remove the pulp. Cut the skin into small pieces..
- Add the lemon juice and the skin of the candied lemon to the chicken mixture and cook for 20 to 25 minutes..
- Then stir in the olives and cook for another 15 minutes..
- If the sauce is not thick enough, remove the pieces of chicken and let the liquid evaporate for a few minutes, then return the chicken pieces to the saucepan and turn off the heat..
- Finally, add in the remaining coriander and parsley..
- Serve hot..