Tequila Lime Salmon Salad.
You can cook Tequila Lime Salmon Salad using 25 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tequila Lime Salmon Salad
- You need of For the Tequila Lime Salmon:.
- It’s 2 of salmon filets with skin-on.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 2 of limes, juice and zest.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of tequila.
- Prepare 1 (1 oz.) of package Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of dark brown sugar.
- It’s of For the Tequila Lime Vinaigrette:.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tequila.
- You need 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed orange juice.
- You need 4 tablespoons of honey.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of chili powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- You need of For the Salad and Toppings:.
- Prepare 1/4 head of Iceberg lettuce, cleaned and chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of green or red leaf lettuce; cleaned, trimmed & chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped fresh tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Mexican Blend shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 can of black beans, rinsed & drained.
- Prepare 1 can of sweet corn, rinsed & drained.
- You need 1 of avocado, peeled & sliced or chopped – drizzle with lime juice to keep from browning.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare Strips of Tortilla.
Tequila Lime Salmon Salad step by step
- (Salmon can be marinated and kept in fridge up to 24 hours prior to cooking.).
- Place olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, tequila, Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix and brown sugar in a gallon size Ziploc bag and mix until well incorporated. Add the salmon filets and gently rub the marinade over the salmon. Close the bag and marinate it in the fridge 2-24 hours..
- When ready to serve, preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray it lightly with nonstick cooking spray..
- Remove the salmon from the marinade and place it, skin-side down, on the baking sheet..
- Place the baking sheet on the middle rack of the oven and roast it for 4-6 minutes per half-inch thickness of salmon. Measure the salmon at the thickest part. 4 minutes will give you salmon with a pink center (medium-rare) and 6 minutes will be thoroughly cooked through..
- The salmon is done when it easily flakes apart with a fork. If desired, test the doneness with an instant read thermometer – salmon is considered done at a minimum 145 degrees F at the thickest part of the salmon..
- Remove the cooked salmon from the oven and transfer to plate. Remove the skin before placing the salmon on the mixed salad..
- In a large salad bowl, combine the chopped lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, beans and corn. Mix gently..
- Place the mix salad in serving dishes and place the cooked salmon on top. Add sliced avocado and tortilla strips and sprinkle with fresh cilantro. Drizzle with the Tequila Lime Vinaigrette..