Fire Roasted Pork Chile Verde.
You can have Fire Roasted Pork Chile Verde using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fire Roasted Pork Chile Verde
- You need 1 1/2 lb of pork shoulder cubed.
- Prepare 4 of anaheim peppers.
- You need 3 of serrano peppers.
- Prepare 6 of tomatillo.
- Prepare 1 of white onion, quartered.
- It’s 6 clove of garlic.
- It’s 32 oz of chicken stock.
- Prepare 32 oz of water.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 can of hominy.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pico de gallo.
Fire Roasted Pork Chile Verde instructions
- Heat grill to 400°F.
- Rub pork with salt,pepper and cumin.
- Sear pork on grill using an open pan or screen so cubes don't fall through grates..
- Grill chilis, tomatillos, onion, garlic until chilis are charred and onion is tender.
- Remove vegetables from grill and place peppers in ziplock bag to sweat.
- Remove grilled pork and set aside.
- Pour chicken stock and water in a stock pot with onions, tomatillos, and garlic. add diced tomatoes. add oregano, cilantro and remaining cumin salt and pepper. bring to a boil.
- While stock is heating,clean chilis, removing the seeds and membrane. use gloves if desired. add to stock.
- Once stock is boiling, cover and simmer for 25 minutes..
- Remove from heat and using an immersion blender, puree stock and vegatables.
- Add pork and hominy. return pot to heat and simmer 20 minutes..
- Top with shredded queso fresco amd cheddar and pico de gallo for a fresh twist.