Warm chickpeas and yogurt salad – fattet hummus. Fattet Hummus is a healthy and delicious Middle Eastern dish that is usually served for breakfast. Made with hummus, yogurt and toasted pita. Fattet hummus is best enjoyed right after it's made as the toasted bread can still hold the crunch even after it's soaked with chickpea water.
I've only just discovered fatteh – a Levantine dish of crumbled, toasted pita covered in warm chickpeas and cool, tangy yogurt sauce – but I'm in love. Fattet Hummus (Mid-Eastern Savory Chickpea Bread Pudding). Fatteh hummus the Middle Eastern dish which usually served for a breakfast or lunch. You can have Warm chickpeas and yogurt salad – fattet hummus using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Warm chickpeas and yogurt salad – fattet hummus
- You need 1 kg of yogurt.
- It’s 6 cups of canned chickpeas.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 2 loaves of pita bread, cut into small pieces then fried.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pine nuts, fried.
- You need 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, for frying.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
Toasted pita flat bread, hummus beans (chickpeas, garbanzo beans) are layered with yogurt topping and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts So many variation of one dish. every country has their own fattet hummus. Fattet hummus is a creamy, pine-nutty concoction often eaten in Palestine, Lebanon, and Syria for a satisfying weekend brunch. This breakfast dish is delicious and festive, yet very straightforward to make. This is a great option for vegetarians, as it packs a healthy dose of protein and makes a very.
Warm chickpeas and yogurt salad – fattet hummus instructions
- In a cooking pot, heat the chickpeas with a small amount of water..
- Drain the chickpeas and put them in a serving bowl or shallow dish..
- Sprinkle with cumin, salt and the fried bread bits..
- Add the crushed garlic to the yogurt, mix well and pour it over the bread and chickpeas..
- Sprinkle with fried pine nuts and serve immediately..
- Note: you can use roasted bread bits instead of fried ones..
How to make our easy hummus recipe with canned chickpeas, garlic, tahini, and olive oil. This is my favorite hummus recipe! With a few simple tricks, you really can make creamy smooth homemade hummus and yes, we really do think it's better than store-bought. Warm Butternut and Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing Adapted from Orangette, who adapted it from Casa Moro. Do ahead: Molly says this salad, lightly dressed, keeps beautifully in the fridge, that you should hold a little of the dressing on the side and that it can be reheated in the microwave.