Baklava with Honey and Nuts. Making honey baklava at home may seem like a big undertaking but trust me, it's easier than you think. This fool-proof recipe will have you making Greek baklava like a pro! Baklava is a sweet dessert made of layers of flaky phyllo pastry filled with crushed nuts and sweetened with honey syrup.
Garnish baklava with finely chopped nuts or drizzle with melted chocolate. These easy baked baklava apples are the perfect combination of spices, nuts, honey, and of course apples. These baklava baked apples are heavenly aromatic and tastes very very delicious. You can cook Baklava with Honey and Nuts using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baklava with Honey and Nuts
- Prepare of filo dough (toko).
- You need of nuts variaty (whatever you like, just take the unsalted).
- Prepare of cinnamon (a table spoon).
- It’s of honey (150 ml).
- You need of butter (200 gr).
- Prepare of orange blossem sirup (a teaspoon).
Nuts like walnuts and almonds are high in calories and fat, but mainly healthy monounsaturated fat and, when eaten in moderation, all nuts can decrease your risk of heart disease and heart attack. Grind the walnuts and almonds finely in a food mill or food processor. Grind the pistachios also, but leave them a little coarser than the other nuts. This heavenly Baklava combines honey-soaked layers of flaky phyllo pastry with spiced walnuts.
Baklava with Honey and Nuts step by step
- Take a baking tray (i prefer the 24 cm tray). Cover the bottom with butter so the dough will not stick. Place a sheet of the filo in the tray and cover it with melted butter. Repeat this with 4 other sheets. Add the chopped nuts mixed with cinnamon, spread it over the sheet, then place another sheet over it and cover it with butter. Ad another layer of nuts and do so untill there are no more nuts left..
- Cover white two more butter layered sheets of filo and then place the to sheets over the bottom sheets like a package. Cover with rest of the butter. Then slice the filo dough in diamond pieces. Place in the pre-heated oven, 180 celcius, for about 20 minutes. When ready pour some sirup over the balkava (warm up honey with the orange blossem sirup) and sprinkle some chopped nuts over the baklava..
It's a great make-ahead dessert perfect for the holidays or special occasions. Can you use other nuts in Baklava? Greek Baklava is a delicious traditional dessert made of layers of crispy golden brown phyllo, filled with chopped walnuts and garnished with honey syrup. So, this Greek baklava recipe can be summarised in three key stages: Preparing the nut-y filling, layering the filo sheets and preparing the. In baklava, layers of crisp phyllo dough alternate with a sugary spiced nut mixture, and the whole thing is then soaked in fragrant sweet syrup made with honey, lemon and cinnamon.