Shepards pie. .with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes.
When you're in the mood for a meaty, savory comfort-food classic, serve Alton Brown's Shepherd's Pie from Good Eats on Food Network. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. This easy shepherd's pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. You can cook Shepards pie using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepards pie
- Prepare 4-5 of russet potatoes.
- It’s 3 lbs of ground beef.
- You need half of an onion.
- Prepare half of a bag of frozen peas.
- It’s half of a bag of frozen corn.
- Prepare 2 packets of hidden Valley ranch powder.
- It’s of worchestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- You need 2 cups of milk.
- It’s 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese.
It's topped with Cheddar cheese mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping. This meat pie topped with mashed potato is traditionally made with lamb, when made with When I first posted this recipe many years back I spelled it incorrectly as Shepards Pie.
Shepards pie instructions
- Brown ground beef, add peas, corn, and diced onion, then simmer. Add ranch packets, and worchestershire sauce to taste..
- Quarter potatoes and bring to a boil. Once they have cooked 7to ten minutes, put in mixing bowl, add milk and butter, and whip till fluffy..
- Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray and add meat mixture. Then layer potatoes over the top, the cover with cheese..
- Bake at about 375 for about 20 to 25 minutes until cheese is melted, and maybe a little brown depending on how you like it. Enjoy!.
You likely know Shepherd's pie as a homey, comforting casserole — one that combines a flavorful stew of ground beef, peas, carrots (and sometimes corn) with mountains of creamy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's Pie is a traditional Irish dish made with ground lamb cooked with peas and carrots and topped with a mashed potato crust. Patty's Day celebrations, shepherd's pie is full of distinctly Irish ingredients. Treat yourself to this easy, flavorful, comforting classic – and leave out the green food coloring. Growing up, my family had a tradition of big Sunday dinners.