BBQ Chicken Salad with Tangy Dressing. Probably one of my favorite salad combos ever. Ranks right up there with this one. For the dressing, combine all the ingredients together and whisk (or shake, if using a jar) vigorously to combine.
It's a wonderfully healthy summertime salad that's substantial enough to Although Asheley thought I was totally weird for putting the hot elements of grilled bbq chicken and spicy southwest corn on a cold salad, she was. This salad is crunchy, tangy, and everything in between. BBQ chicken salad makes a great weeknight dinner or a great meal prep lunch for the week! You can cook BBQ Chicken Salad with Tangy Dressing using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of BBQ Chicken Salad with Tangy Dressing
- You need 1 lb of Boneless Chicken Breast.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of BBQ Sauce.
- It’s 1 head of Romaine Lettuce Sliced.
- It’s 20 oz of Pineapple Chunks drained (reserve juice).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Red Onion sliced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Almonds chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Fresh Cilantro Snipped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Pineapple Juice (reserved).
- You need 1 cup of Oil.
- It’s 1/4 cup of BBQ Sauce.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic.
If you are meal prepping the bbq chicken salad for the week, wait to add the salad dressing until right before eating. Get the recipe for BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad. Whole wheat shell pasta, jicama, corn, peppers, black beans, and chicken breast meat combine with tangy barbeque dressing for a big, colorful pasta salad. Toss with the remaining dressing until evenly coated.
BBQ Chicken Salad with Tangy Dressing step by step
- Grill Chicken over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until done turning once midway..
- Baste Chicken with BBQ sauce during last 2 minutes of grilling. Then let cool while preparing salad..
- Chop romaine with salad chopper and place in a bowl. Slice onions with ultimate madoline..
- Cut up chicken breast into chunks.
- Snip cilantro with kitchen shears..
- Drain pineapple into small batter bowl. Add onion, almonds, cilantro, chunked chicken, and pineapple chunks to romaine..
- DRESSING: Combine pineapple juice oil and additional 1/4 cup BBQ sauce with pressed garlic. Mix well and serve with salad or on the side..
Taste the salad and add salt, pepper, more mayo, more barbecue sauce, or a splash of cider vinegar to suit your taste. Corn and tomatoes just couldn't be sweeter in the summer months. Add some grilled chicken, light Ranch dressing and BBQ Sauce and you have the perfect meal! I prefer to make my Ranch from scratch but of course, to save time you can buy it bottled. This BBQ chicken salad is my family's all-time favorite salad recipe.