Vegan Summer Squash with Couscous.
You can cook Vegan Summer Squash with Couscous using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Summer Squash with Couscous
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- Prepare 2 cup of Yellow Summer Squash.
- It’s 1 of Vidalia Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Bell Pepper, Orange or Red.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh Parsley.
- It’s 2 pinch of Sea Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Grape Seed or Olive Oil.
- It’s of Couscous.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Couscous.
- It’s 1 of Rapunzel Vegan Vegetarian Bouillion with Sea Salt and Herbs.
- You need 1 tsp of Basil.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Grape Seed or Olive Oil.
- You need 1 tsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley.
- It’s 2 cup of Water.
Vegan Summer Squash with Couscous step by step
- This is a nice light vegan dinner for summertime that doesn't require much time over a stove. This can also be used as a healthy side dish when served in smaller portions..
- Slice peeled onion in half, turn and cut long thin slices..
- Cut squash into 1/4 inch slices.
- Remove stem, ribs and seeds from bell pepper and discard. Cut bell pepper into one inch chunks..
- Chop parsley finely..
- In saute pan, add oil and onions, cook over low heat..
- Once onions start to turn clear, add bell pepper. Continue cooking..
- Add squash, parsley and salt. Cook until squash begins to turn translucent. Turn off heat when vegetables achieve desired state..
- In a small sauce pan, set 2 cups water to boil with the bouillon cube and oil..
- When water comes to a boil, add basil, pepper and couscous. Remove from heat, cover and let stand 5 minutes..
- After the 5 minutes, stir couscous, then turn into a serving bowl. Fold in vegetables..
- Sprinkle fresh parsley on finished dish..