Thai Satay with Peanut Sauce.
You can have Thai Satay with Peanut Sauce using 24 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Satay with Peanut Sauce
- It’s Half of small onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic crushed.
- You need 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground human.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s 450 g of chicken leg – boned.
- Prepare of For the Sauce.
- You need 50 g of creamed coconut chopped.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground Cunin.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 of fresh red chilli seeded and finely chopped (or to taste).
- You need 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh coriander both leaves and stems.
- Prepare of For the Salad.
- It’s 1 half of small cucumber peeled and diced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh coriander.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Thai Satay with Peanut Sauce step by step
- Put 8 wooden skewers in water and soak for about 30 minutes, doing this will prevent them charring during grilling.
- Place the onion, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, ground spices and oil into a food processor and pulse until smooth, or you can mix in a bowl.
- Cut the chicken into thin strips and place in a bowl, spoon the marinade over and mix well. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your grilled to its highest setting.
- Thread to 3 pieces of chicken on to each skewer and grill on a rack for 2 to 3 minutes each side basting once with the marinade.
- In the meantime make the sauce..
- Dissolved the cream coconut in 150 mL boiling water.
- Put the remaining ingredients into a pan and stir in the coconut liquid. Bring to the boil, stirring well and simmer gently for 5 minutes until thick.
- Make the salad by mixing together the ingredients then arrange the Saturday sticks on a platter and garnish with coriander sprigs.
- Served with bowls of sauce salad and rice.