Cherry Tomato Couscous Recipe. It has been nearly two years since I spent a weekend in the Northern California backwoods at my friend Lori's family cabin. Lori made this delicious couscous for us and I thought I'd share it. It is simply cherry tomatoes, cucumber, chopped basil, and chickpeas.
Toast couscous, shaking pan or stirring often, until it colors very lightly and. Make these cherry tomato recipes this summer (and beyond), including cherry tomato pastas, caprese salad recipes, tomato salads, and more. This recipe is featured in the story, A Simple, Make-Ahead Menu from Ottolenghi's Latest Cookbook , sponsored by Ten Speed Press. You can have Cherry Tomato Couscous Recipe using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cherry Tomato Couscous Recipe
- It’s 3 cup of Cooked Couscous.
- You need 1/2 of Basket Of Cherry Tomatoes, Halved.
- Prepare 1 medium of Cucumber, Peeled And Cut Into 1/4 Inch Pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of Cooked Chickpeas.
- You need 1/2 of Lemon.
- You need 1/2 of Lime.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 1 pinch of as needed Salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of as needed Ground Pepper.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Basil Or Cilantro.
- You need 1/3 cup of Feta Cheese.
Place the couscous in a medium bowl. While the couscous cooks, pat the chicken dry with paper towels; season with salt and pepper. Cherry Tomato Couscous recipe: Try this Cherry Tomato Couscous recipe, or contribute your own. Combine the couscous, tomatoes, cucumber, and chickpeas in a large bowl.
Cherry Tomato Couscous Recipe instructions
- Cook the chickpeas and couscous according to the directions on the package..
- While the couscous and chickpeas are cooking, peel and cut up the cucumber into 1/4 inch slices..
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves..
- Add the couscous, chickpeas, tomatoes and cucumbers together..
- Squeeze the lemon, lime, extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper into the bowl with the other ingredients and mix them together. Add more as needed..
- Add the basil and feta and mix it up..
Bring a medium pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Drain couscous; transfer to a large bowl. Fresh cherry tomatoes, crisp-tender zucchini, and earthy thyme are a perfect accompaniment to the delightful, nutty taste of the couscous. Enjoy the benefits of good-for-you whole-wheat couscous with this quick and easy grain side dish. Our best-ever cherry tomato recipes will make your tastebuds so happy, you'll want to burst!