Baked fish with tahini sauce – tagine samak bi tahini. It is called Samak Bi Tahini in Arabic and is a local favorite in many Middle Eastern regions. Fish with tahini is easy and perfect for the seafood lover! It is called samak bi tahini in Arabic and is a In a medium bowl, combine tahini, olive oil, and water.
Make Ahead: The sauce can be made and refrigerated a day in advance; you might need to thin it with a little water. Line a baking sheet with paper towels, then place a wire rack on top. Arrange the fish on a platter or divide among individual plates. You can have Baked fish with tahini sauce – tagine samak bi tahini using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baked fish with tahini sauce – tagine samak bi tahini
- It’s 1 kg of fish fillets, such as Hamour fish.
- You need 1 of lemon, cut in slices.
- Prepare 4 of medium onions, sliced.
- You need 4 tablespoons of pine nuts, roasted.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of For the tahini sauce:.
- It’s 1 cup of tahini, sesame paste.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- You need 8 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
Pour the hot sauce over the fish. Roasted Eggplant With Tahini, Pine Nuts, and Lentils Recipe. This dish of eggplant roasted until caramelized and tender, served over stewed lentils with an extraordinarily light and creamy tahini sauce and crunchy pine nuts, was dinner and lunch for more meals than I care to count a couple of. Before serving, decorate with fried pinenuts and dash of red pepper.
Baked fish with tahini sauce – tagine samak bi tahini instructions
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil big enough to wrap the fish. Coat it with 2 tablespoons olive oil and put the fish fillets on it..
- Spread the lemon slices over the fillets then pour over the lemon juice and the rest of the olive oil. Add some salt..
- Wrap the aluminum foil around the fillets and put it in an oven tray..
- Cook the fish fillets, in a preheated oven for 10 min. Then turn them on the other side and let them cook for another 10 min..
- Remove tray from oven and let it cool..
- To prepare the tahini sauce, dissolve the tahini paste in 3/4 cup of water so it does not clot when adding the rest of the ingredients. Add the crushed garlic, lemon juice and salt. Mix well till you get a fluid homogenous sauce..
- In a pan, heat the vegetable oil and fry the sliced onions until they become tender. Remove the pan from heat..
- Cut the fish fillets into large pieces and put them in a serving dish. Pour the tahini sauce over the fish and top with the fried onions and roasted pine nuts. Serve at room temperature or cold with pita bread..
- Note: For an easier Tagine recipe, you can replace the fish with 3 tuna cans. In this case, drain the tuna and transfer it into the serving dish. Pour the tahini sauce over and top with the fried onions and pine nuts..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'Tahini sauce' under my profile.
Catch Of The Day: Midddle Eastern Fish and Tahini Sauce. This is one of our favourite fish dishes. Grease a baking dish and arrange the catfish in a single layer. Tahini Sauce Recipe Video: Learn to make authentic tahini sauce from sesame paste, lemon, garlic, water and salt. Classically, tahini dressing is made by mixing it with minced garlic, lemon juice, and water to make a delicious, creamy sauce that is Fish with tahini is a common dish along the coast of Lebanon, and I like to pair it with another very Lebanese recipe: buttery long-grain basmati with caramelized onions.