You can have Beef Rendang using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef Rendang
- Prepare 1 kg of beef (chuck beef).
- Prepare 3 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 3 of kaffir lime leaf.
- It’s 1 inch of galangal (bruised).
- You need 2 stalks of lemongrass (bruised).
- It’s 2 L of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of salt.
- Prepare of Blended Spices.
- It’s 5 of shallot.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 5 of cayenne pepper (you could add or reduce the amount).
- It’s 4 of candlenut.
- It’s 2 inch of turmeric.
- Prepare 1.5 inch of ginger.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of nutmeg powder.
- You need 1 Tsp of coriander powder.
Beef Rendang instructions
- Prepare all ingredients. Cut beef into 4x4x4cm cubes. Toss the blended spice ingredients to blender. Give small amount of water to blender..
- Heat the wok with medium fire. Add coconut milk, spice mixture, bay leaf, kaffir lime leaf, galangal, lemongrass and salt. Mix it well. Put beef chunks after the sauce is boiled..
- Slow cook beef with low heat. Simmer it for approximately 4 hours until coconut milk turn into oil and the beef becomes dark brown and tender. Keep stir the beef every 10 minutes while simmering it, so it won't burnt..
- Some say the more you reheat the beef on the next day, the more tasty it gets..
- Beef Rendang is ready to serve with rice ✨.