Grilled Skirt Steak Tacos with Rojas Salsa by Jamie Dean.
You can cook Grilled Skirt Steak Tacos with Rojas Salsa by Jamie Dean using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Grilled Skirt Steak Tacos with Rojas Salsa by Jamie Dean
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 3 clove of garlic smashed and peeled.
- You need 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 1 of poblano pepper, seeded and chopped.
- You need 1/2 of jalapeno pepper chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of ancho chile powdered.
- You need 1 of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of 15 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 1 of juice of lime.
- You need 1 3/4 lb of skirt steak, trimmed of excess fat, cut in half.
- You need 8 of corn tortillas.
Grilled Skirt Steak Tacos with Rojas Salsa by Jamie Dean instructions
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and sauteed garlic, onions and peppers until soft and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. add the chili powder, and some salt and pepper and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. add the diced tomatoes with your juices and 1 half cup water and simmer on low for 10 minutes. Season the mixture with a big pinch of salt and healthy grind a black pepper. Let cool..
- add the cold tomato mixture and a lime juice into a food processor or blender and pulse a few times, keeping some of the texture. remove and reserve 1 half cup of the salsa for serving. Add the remaining salsa 2 813 by 9 inch casserole dish. add the skirt steak and flip to make sure its well coated. Cover with plastic wrap in place in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or up to 8..
- Preheat a grill to medium high heat. Take the steak out of the refrigerator and bring to room temperature while the grill is heating..
- once the grill is hot and ready, Remove a steak from the salsa marinade and Shake of any excess. grill for 4 minutes on each side for medium. Rest for 10 minutes. Wrap the corn tortillas in aluminum foil and heat on the grill until warm and soft..
- To serve, slice the steak in 4 inch sections, then slice into 1/4 inch thick slices across the grain. Serve the sliced steak in the warm corn tortillas, topped with the reserved salsa and guacamole..
- Top the tacos which chopped roma tomatoes or store bought red salsa..