Homemade Mandi Chicken.
You can have Homemade Mandi Chicken using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Mandi Chicken
- It’s 1 of chicken without skin, chopped.
- You need 2 cups of rice.
- It’s 2 of onions, sliced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of ghee.
- You need 2 tablespoons of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of chili peppers.
- It’s 5 of cardamom pods.
- Prepare 5 of cloves.
- It’s 3 of cinnamon sticks.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of saffron.
- You need of salt.
Homemade Mandi Chicken instructions
- After washing the chicken, put in a bowl and marinate it with minced garlic, lemon juice, black pepper, chili pepper and salt. Marinate for 30 minutes..
- Wash the rice, and soak in water for 10 minutes. Then drain and put in a saucepan..
- Fry the onion slices in ghee until golden in color. Add to it the drained rice, and mix for about 5 minutes on medium heat..
- Place the rice and onion mixture in an oven tray. Add 2 cups of water, salt, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and saffron..
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil, and pierce the foil in several places with a knife. Place the chicken pieces on top of the pierced places of the foil. Cover the chicken and the tray with another layer of aluminum foil, and seal it tightly on all sides..
- Place the tray in the oven, preheated at 150 degrees Celsius, for 1 ½ hours until the chicken and rice are done..
- Arrange the rice in a serving dish with the chicken pieces on top of it..
- Serve hot..