Sweet N Smoky BBQ Sauce. This Sweet and Smoky BBQ Sauce is what dreams are made of. My secret ingredient for homemade barbecue sauce is a touch of smoked paprika. It adds just enough of that earthy, smoky flavor without overwhelming the sweetness of the sauce.
You might remember when I shared a recipe for a Basic Homemade BBQ Sauce—with only three ingredients!—and that's still my go-to when I'm short on ingredients and time. My Best Sweet & Smoky BBQ Sauce you can make RIGHT NOW. I'll bet you have everything you need in your pantry already. You can cook Sweet N Smoky BBQ Sauce using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet N Smoky BBQ Sauce
- Prepare 2 cup of all natural ketchup (no high fructose corn syrup).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of apple cider (not the vinegar).
- You need 2 tbsp of applewood liquid smoke.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 small of pinch cayenne pepper (add a little more if you like a little heat with your sweet).
We love our Sweet & Smoky BBQ sauce because it's so simple to make and is a great sauce for so many dishes! For this recipe all you need to do is add all of your ingredients to a pot and simmer away! Usually barbecue sauces you buy at the store are laden with hard-to-pronounce ingredients and so. Modify the barbeque sauce to make it your own by changing the vinegar, such as to red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar.
Sweet N Smoky BBQ Sauce step by step
- Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan. If you have any clumps of brown sugar smash them with the back of your spoon against the sides of the sauce pan..
- Bring sauce to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for 20 minutes uncovered to reduce and thicken, again stirring occasionally..
- Turn off heat and set pan aside to allow sauce to cool completely, it will get even thicker as it cools. Transfer to an air tight container and store in your fridge. Use on all your favorite bbq, but this sauce was created specifically for my pulled pork recipe. Yum! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/368062-apple-cider-smoked-pork.
You can also make it as spicy as you like by changing the amount of cayenne pepper. For a fruitier sauce, try stirring in some fruit spread – like blackberry, cherry, or apricot. Remove from heat and allow to cool at room. Author: DaNelle Wolford at Weed 'em & Reap. A delicious sweet smoke BBQ sauce with character, that will blow your bbq socks off.