Chicken Ball Skewers.
You can cook Chicken Ball Skewers using 19 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Ball Skewers
- You need of For the chicken balls.
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 of medium sized onion.
- You need 3 of garlic.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder.
- You need 1 of seasoning cube.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of oil for frying.
- You need of For the barbecue sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoon of ketchup.
- You need 1 of tablsepoon dijon mustard.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of honey (optional).
- Prepare of For setting the skewers.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of green pepper.
- It’s of Skewers.
Chicken Ball Skewers step by step
- Combine chicken breast with onion and garlic, grind in a food processor or in a mortar.
- Add all the spices and seasoning. Add egg yolk and scotch bonnet.
- Mould into small round balls.
- Refridgerate for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chicken balls and shallow fry for 7 minutes, turning the sides occasionally.
- Strain the oil using a colander.
- Dip skewers in cold water for 15 minutes. Remove from the water and set on a kitchen towel or tissue paper. This prevent the skewers from burning when grillng.
- Combine all the ingredients for barbecue sauce. Mix well.
- Cut the peppers into rectangle or square shapes. Bring the fried chicken balls closer..
- This should be the time you should bring the skewers out of the water. So that the skewers remain moist when the chicken balls are poked in.
- Arrange the chicken balls and the pelpers alternatively on the moist skewers.
- Apply the barbecue sauce all over the chicken balls. Leave a little sauce, which would be use later when grilling..
- Place on a rack with a plate under it, to avoid messing up the working surface.
- Grill on charcoal fire for 1 minute each side, applying the remaining barbecue sauce on intervals. This should be done on a very low heat..
- Remove from heat. Garnish with chopped red pepper, green pepper and slice of lemon..
- Serve with jollof rice or as an appetizer.