Smoked Speckled Trout Wraps. smoked speckled trout – anybody ever tried this? Smoked fish is delicious, and it seems that specs would be a decent, readily available fish to try it out on? Speckled Trout may be too lean or delicate to take on a good smoke flavor.
Big Speckled trout in a TINY NC creek!! Ten fishing guides and top anglers' tips for targeting big specks from Texas to Virginia. Thirty tips to catch speckled seatrout from Texas to Virginia. You can have Smoked Speckled Trout Wraps using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Smoked Speckled Trout Wraps
- You need 12 of Speckled Trout Fillets.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 4 clove of of garlic.
- You need 1 stick of of butter.
- You need 1 of chef paul's meat magic.
- You need 1 of lettuce.
- You need 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 1 large of tortillas.
- It’s 1 of mayo ( i use krafts olive oil and cracked pepper corn mayo ).
This easy smoked trout recipe features a quick brine, before smoking for up to two hours. This easy smoked trout recipe allows the fish and smoke flavors to shine on their own. Simply butterfly the trout, brine for an hour, let it smoke then serve it up hot or cold. This article covers speckled trout fishing.
Smoked Speckled Trout Wraps step by step
- make sure you have a grill, charcoal,aluminium foil, and wood chips. start off by getting your grill ready and soaking your woodchips..
- chop up the onion and garlic and place in a bowl and set a side..
- place the butter in a bowl and put it in the microwave. heat it until the butter is melted..
- get a baking pan and line it with the Thick aluminium foil. place a small amount of the butter on the foil..
- take your fillets and place them on the foil and season with the meat magic..
- take the onion and garlic and place it on top of your fillets. top the onion and garlic with the remaining butter..
- heat up the grill until the coals are white and hot. place the desired amount of the woodchips. on the coals.
- take the baking pan to the grill and slide the foil on the grate. close the lid and cook for approximate 8-10 minutes. (make sure the fish is white and flaky at its thickest point)..
- when done, combine the ingredients in a bowl and mix in enough mayo until it is a thick dip consistency. (make sure it is not to dry)..
- heat up your large tortillas in the microwave (20 seconds per tortilla) until they can be flexed without breaking..
- add lettuce on your tortilla and placed the smoked trout filling on top of the lettuce. put the sliced tomatoes on top of the trout and roll the tortilla in a wrap. (hint…try to do it kinda quick, if to slow the tortilla will cool and crack)..
It includes tips on tackle, gear, baits, and when and where to target speckled trout. Understanding Speckled Trout Habitat and Feeding Habits. Spotted seatrout, or speckled trout, are silver in color with many dark spots running along it's back. Speckled Trout are a saltwater species found in the southern United States along the coasts of the Gulf of Mexico and along the Atlantic Ocean. Speckled Trout have a long spawning season, from spring through the summer.