You can have Sauerkraut Burger using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sauerkraut Burger
- Prepare of Bread.
- Prepare 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of butter soften.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 package of yeast.
- It’s 1 cup of warm water.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare As needed of oil to coat the dough.
- Prepare of Burger.
- Prepare 3 cups of sauerkraut.
- Prepare 2 pounds of ground beef 80/20.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced onions.
Sauerkraut Burger instructions
- Mix the water, yeast, and sugar. Let it sit 7-10 minutes..
- Mix the oil, salt, flour, and butter..
- Add the yeast water mix and knead..
- Form into a ball and coat with oil. Cover and let rise for an hour..
- When it has risen gently knead the dough and recover it and let rest 35 minutes. It will rise again..
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Brown the beef with the onions and spices.
- When done drain the meat and sauerkraut and add together.
- Mix well..
- Take half the dough and spread it out on a greased pan.
- Add the meat mixture.
- Take the other half and roll it out and lay it on top of the other. Tuck the edges inwards..
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes and take out and brush the top with butter, and return to oven for 10-15 minutes more..
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut to the size you desire. I hope you enjoy!!?.