grilled chicken with honey barbecue sauce. To prepare grill for indirect grilling, place a disposable aluminum foil pan in grill; pour water in pan. Arrange charcoal around pan; heat to medium. To prepare sauce, combine ketchup and the remaining ingredients in a small saucepan.
Simple yet delicious, this BBQ chicken sauce is easy to make, and packed with flavor. It will bring forth nostalgic memories of childhood cookouts and summer. BBQ Grilled Chicken is a staple at backyard barbecues, picnics and family get togethers. You can have grilled chicken with honey barbecue sauce using 14 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of grilled chicken with honey barbecue sauce
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of minced shallots.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of reduced sodium ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 2 tsp of cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dry mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of chipolte chile powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of kosher salt divided.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 4 of bone in chicken leg thigh quarters, skinned …..or 8 thighs or 8 drumsticks or 4 pieces of each.
- You need 1 of cooking spray.
But they can be hard to get right, overly complicated and. While they are baking, make the sauce by slowly simmering the sauce ingredients over the lowest heat. Honey and barbecue sauce combine to make an easy glaze that, when brushed onto juicy grilled chicken, makes every bite irresistible. Serve chicken with corn on the cob and fresh fruit or a salad for a simple and hearty midsummer meal.
grilled chicken with honey barbecue sauce step by step
- preheat grill to medium high heat.
- heat a small saucepan over medium high heat. ….add oil and swirl to coat.
- add shallots and saute 2 minutes or until tender.
- stir in ketchup, next 5 ingredients through chili powder and one fourth tsp. salt.
- reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- combine one fourth tsp. salt, garlic powder, cumin, and black pepper…..sprinkle over chicken.
- place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray…..grill 15 minutes each side or until done.
- baste chicken generously with sauce….turn over and grill 1 minute.
- baste again, turn over and grill 1 minute.
- serve with remaining sauce.
- calories 256 for 1 leg quarter.
- carbs 16.3.
- cholesterol 139 mg.
Your favorite salsa combines with homemade barbecue sauce for a zesty chicken baste. This turned out to be the best. Light a grill or preheat the broiler. Remove the chicken from the marinade and arrange the pieces on large rimmed baking sheets. Brush shrimp with some of the sauce, and turn them again.