Corn Cream Croquettes.
You can cook Corn Cream Croquettes using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Corn Cream Croquettes
- Prepare 150 grams of Corn (or canned corn).
- You need 1/4 of Onions.
- It’s 15 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of cube Consommé bouillon.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of All-purpose flour.
- It’s 150 ml of Milk.
- You need 2 pinch of Sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of of each Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- It’s 25 grams of ● Panko.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ● Vegetable oil.
Corn Cream Croquettes instructions
- Combine the panko and vegetable oil in a heatproof container. Microwave for 3 minutes at 600 W. Stir the mixture every minute while microwaving..
- When using canned corn, drain well in a sieve. Chop the onion finely. Crush the consommé cube. Beat the egg..
- Heat butter in a frying pan and saute the onion. When it's golden brown, add flour and consommé and cook until it's no longer floury..
- Add milk little by little and continue simmering until thick, stirring occasionally. Add corn. When the mixture is heated through, adjust the taste with salt and pepper..
- Remove from heat. Add beaten eggs and stir while it cooks in residual heat. Set it aside to cool..
- When it has cooled, divide into 4 portions and chill in the refrigerator for an hour. I usually let it chill in the covered frying pan..
- When the mixture has chilled and hardened, form into balls with a wooden spoon. Scatter on the panko directly to coat the corn mixture. Shape it into whatever size you prefer..
- Transfer to grilling plates and grill both sides for 10 minutes to finish. When using a regular oven, bake in a preheated oven set to 250℃ for about 15 minutes..
- You can also coat them with uncooked panko and deep-fry your croquettes in hot oil until golden brown. The patties may crack open, so watch out..
- Here are my non-fried croquettes. The croquettes in the profile photo were deep-fried..