Sophie's cheating red pepper hummus. Ever wondered how to make flavoured homemade hummus? You can find tahini in the Mediterranean. Give it a fresh twist by adding red peppers and sun-dried tomatoes.
Add the tahini, garlic, oil, and lemon juice and whizz. Dietitian's Recognition: I want to give hummus some love. It packs a lot of protein per ser. You can cook Sophie's cheating red pepper hummus using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sophie's cheating red pepper hummus
- Prepare 150 grams of drained and shelled tinned chickpeas.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of lime juice.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of Sesame seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 large of oven roasted red pepper, skin and seeds removed.
It packs a lot of protein per serving. Roasted red pepper hummus is incredibly easy to make at home with just a few ingredients. It's creamy, smooth, slightly smoky and full of flavor – a great healthy snack! Ultra Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus.
Sophie's cheating red pepper hummus instructions
- Boil your chickpeas for about 10 minutes to soften them. Once cooked, drain and rinse then in cold water to cool them..
- While they heat, combine all of your other ingredients in a bowl..
- Mix your chickpeas in, then tip into a food processor. Add your red pepper and blend until you have a hummus like consistency. I prefer mine more chunky, but if you'd like it smooth continue pulsing until you get the consistency you want..
- I served mine with my sundried tomato and chickpea bread..
Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free. I've been planning to make some but haven't felt inspired. If crushed red pepper is a staple in your household, you can credit the ingenuity of Italians from the southern end of "the boot" – at least partly. While southern Italians savored red pepper's sharp flavor, they may not have realized the health benefits it bestows, largely because the c_apsicum. Roasted red pepper hummus is creamy and such a pretty color!