Chorizo breakfast tacos. Transfer chorizo to a plate with a slotted spoon. These tacos combine chorizo and scrambled eggs with all your favorite taco toppings—avocado, tomato, and cheese. These quick and easy breakfast tacos with chorizo, potato hash, and eggs are ridiculously flavorful and the perfect meal any time of day.
In these breakfast tacos, the chorizo is browned THEN the egg is cooked in the same pan so it can soak up all the flavours of the chorizo. That's why the egg has a slightly brown tinge to it – it's all. Tacos for breakfast is one thing – but chorizo tacos – well, that just brought your breakfast up an entire notch. You can cook Chorizo breakfast tacos using 8 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chorizo breakfast tacos
- Prepare 12 oz. of Of chorizo "2 tubes" regular or beef.
- It’s 1 of small shallot.
- Prepare 1 of small white onion.
- It’s 3 of small Yukon potatoes.
- You need 5 of eggs.
- Prepare of Corn tortillas either white corn or yellow. Flour works too.
- It’s 3 of tbl. Spoon corn oil or what ever oil you prefer.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
We layer chorizo and scrambled eggs in a warmed tortilla and top in with a homemade. Soy chorizo comes encased in a thick plastic tube that makes it look just like chorizo. These breakfast tacos are only as spicy as the chorizo and salsa that you choose but they Sauté chorizo sausage in heavy medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until cooked through. Whether you have leftover chorizo from a previous meal, or you are just looking for a heartier way to jazz up your morning routine, we can't think of a better way to start.
Chorizo breakfast tacos step by step
- This is what you need..
- Dice your onions and shallot. Peel your potatoes and cube on the smaller size so they will brown nicely and be cooked all the way through..
- In a preheated skillet over med/high heat add your oil and potatoes. Salt and pepper and stir and fry until golden brown about 7-10 mins..
- Add your onions and shallot..
- Stir and fry for 4-5 mins..
- Add your chorizo and break it up with your spoon..
- Cook for 8-10 mins stirring to keep from burning..
- Mean while in a preheated grill pan or skillet to med. Heat start to heat your tortillas 10 seconds a side or so..
- Wet a few paper towels and microwave for 30 seconds. Line your tortilla warming container or plate with the warm paper towels. As you go make sure to keep rotating your warm tortillas from the top to the bottom this will keep them nice and hot..
- Now add the eggs no need to whisk not like we're making an omelette "lol".
- Turn off heat and stir vigorously breaking up the yolks and mixing from top to bottom untill eggs are cooked and no longer runny. About 5 mins..
- And there it is easy and always a family favorite!!!.
- Serve on warm tortillas and top with hot sauce if you desire. I am using cholula it has a nice vinegar taste on the mild side..
- Hope you all enjoy!!!.
Yesterday we made breakfast tacos with soft scrambled eggs, bacon, and spinach. While my potatoes simmer, I fried off some chorizo in a skillet, figuring that the spicy chorizo fat would make a. These breakfast tacos are the best way to enjoy a weekend breakfast! I don't know about you guys These breakfast tacos do have a bit of a kick, from the Mexican chorizo and the serrano peppers in. Note about chorizo: Mexican chorizo is the norm and more appropriate for taco tradition.