Salt-Seasoned Yakitori on a Grill.
You can cook Salt-Seasoned Yakitori on a Grill using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Salt-Seasoned Yakitori on a Grill
- Prepare 2 of Chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 of The white part of a Japanese leek.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt for the Japanese leek.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable oil to grease the grill.
- It’s of Seasonings for the chicken thighs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sake.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Grated garlic (in a tube).
- It’s of Prepare.
- You need 12 of Bamboo skewers.
- It’s 1 of Aluminum foil.
Salt-Seasoned Yakitori on a Grill step by step
- Cut each chicken thigh into 12 pieces (24 pieces all together) and put into a bowl. Add the seasonings and rub in well..
- Cut the white part of the Japanese leek into 24 pieces and put into a separate bowl. Sprinkle with salt and stir..
- Skewer on a stick alternating between white leek and chicken. Wrap the ends of the skewers with foil to prevent burning..
- Grease the with a paper towel soaked in vegetable oil..
- Check your stove manual to see if you need to put water in the tray under the grill before grilling..
- Line up Step 4 of the prepared skewers on the greased grill and cook for 10 -15 minutes on high heat, keeping an eye on them. If grilling 4 skewers on both sides..
- For grills that cook both sides at the same time, just leave them as is. For grills that only cook one side at a time, turn the skewers over half-way through..
- When they are cooked, remove the foil from the ends of the skewers and transfer the sticks to a serving dish..
- Scrape off any chicken that is stuck on the grill, and grease again with vegetable oil before grilling the next batch..
- The second batch will cook faster, since the grill is already hot..
- If you don't have a fish grill, heat a frying pan with vegetable oil, add the yakitori skewers, cover with a lid and fry on both sides..
- Feel free to cut the chicken and white leek into as many pieces as you like, and skewer any way you desire..