Beef Tagine with Prunes.
You can cook Beef Tagine with Prunes using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Tagine with Prunes
- You need 2 kg of stewing beef, cut into medium cubes.
- You need 6 of onions, thinely sliced.
- It’s 6 cups of dried prunes, these are a variety of dried plum.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of olive oil, or more if needed.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of powdered ginger.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of saffron threads.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt, or more according to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper, or more according to taste.
- You need of To serve:.
- It’s 1/4 cup of almonds, blanched and cut into half.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sesame seeds.
Beef Tagine with Prunes step by step
- In a large saucepan heat olive oil, add meat cubes and fry on medium heat until meat starts changing color..
- Add onions, ginger powder, 1,5 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Pour enough water to cover meat and stir in cinnamon sticks and saffron threads..
- Bring to a boil, then cover and lower the heat to a gentle simmer. Cook until the meat is tender and the liquid has thickened and reduced. This could take up to 2 hours, add more water if needed..
- When the meat is cooked removed from saucepan with a spitted spoon. Keep the remaining water on medium heat until it reduces to a thick sauce..
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, add the prunes, 1.5 cup of hot water, sugar and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon. Cook on low heat and add more water if necessary to make sure not to burn them..
- Cook until the prunes get very soft (caramelized) and their syrup thickens. Remove from heat and set aside..
- To serve: pour the meat mixture in a dish, top with the cooked prunes and their syrup, finally sprinkle with sliced almonds and sesame seeds. Enjoy!.