Seitan BBQ Chicken. Today we are making chicken from wheat gluten. vital wheat gluten. Most people know this recipe as Seitan. Seitan is made by using the protein of wheat to.
Some might even call its texture… meaty. Slather it in BBQ sauce… fry it chicken style… do your thang. It's a great way to veganize recipes. You can cook Seitan BBQ Chicken using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seitan BBQ Chicken
- Prepare 100 g of vital wheat gluten.
- It’s 50 g of corn flour (it's going to be corn-fed chicken).
- It’s 140 g of water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
Chicken flavored seitan that can be used in any recipe as a meat replacement. Chicken Seitan. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. We hooked up with our friend Kate from Animal Equality to make these amazingly meaty "ribs". They were unbelievable in terms of taste & texture, we thoroughly recommend that you.
Seitan BBQ Chicken instructions
- Mix it all together in a bowl. Add the water last, a little at a time. Depending on your flour you might not be able to get that much water to absorb into the dough, so just add add much as you can..
- Knead it a bit. I try to stretch the fibers by rolling the dough into a sausage shape and then folding in half. Repeat. I believe that this helps the gluten to align in one direction kind of like muscle fibers. That's just a guess though..
- The more you knead the tougher your finished seitan will be. I like to go easy on it so the finished product has a texture more like tender meat. After you are done kneading, leave it for a few hours to relax or something..
- Slice the dough into 4 chicken breast sized pieces (mine has quite an authentic raw meat texture at this point) and marinade in a BBQ sauce of your choosing (about 1 hour marinade worked for me, but longer is always better)..
- Grill it on the BBQ. Brush more BBQ sauce into the steaks as they are cooking. Slice into strips. Dip the strips in more sauce if required. Add to pizza/fajitas/bibimbap etc..
Try this classic Thai BBQ chicken recipe, marinated in a garlicky sweet and sour sauce, then easily barbecued (or It's a classic Thai BBQ chicken recipe you will want to keep in your recipe files for life! Texas BBQ seitan over whipped potatoes! Homemade coleslaw and homemade seitan come together to make a brand new sandwich. After making my Vegan Seitan Tenders (a recipe designed to be similar to chicken), I've been having fun playing Once marinated, cook up your seitan or tofu any way you like! The Best Seitan Asian Recipes on Yummly