Couscous. Couscous has to be one of the most underrated ingredients in the kitchen. Made from semolina wheat, couscous is nutty, sweet, and versatile — it also happens to be incredibly quick-cooking. Couscous (from the Berber word k'seksu ) is the staple product of North Africa and the national dish Couscous spread from this area, where it originated, to Libya, Mauritania, Egypt, and sub-Saharan.
Couscous, a small type of pasta, is made from crushed and steamed durum wheat. North Africans use couscous the same way many cultures use rice. It is popular in Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya. You can cook Couscous using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Couscous
- Prepare 3 cups of couscous.
- You need 4 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 of tomatoes.
- You need 1 of pepper (or equivalent in hot peppers).
- Prepare 750 g of feta cheese.
- Prepare 2 of lemons.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
This versatile fast food is an essential storecupboard staple – just soak it in hot water and in ten minutes you'll have an accompaniment to meat, fish, cooked vegetables or tagines. Couscous originates from North Africa and is the staple ingredient in the North African diet. The term couscous also refers to dishes made with combinations of meat, vegetables and spices, and. Couscous helps to improve cardiovascular health, and muscle building & has anti-cancer potential.
- Bring the water to a boil..
- Add the couscous to the water. Stir so water covers all the couscous. Cover and remove from heat..
- Cut tomato and pepper(s) into small pieces..
- After 5-10 minutes, fluff couscous with a fork..
- Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Squeeze lemon juice into couscous, then mix..
- Add tomatoes, peppers, and crumble feta cheese into the couscous..
- Mix well then serve..
It also boosts immunity, fastens wound healing, & helps in weight loss. (UK) IPA(key): /ˈkʊs.kʊs/, /ˈkuːs.kuːs/. (US) IPA(key): /ˈkus.kus/. When looking for a weeknight meal, opt for couscous, a quick-cooking grain. Choose any one of these delicious couscous recipes for a light and dynamic meal. ⬇ Download moroccan couscous – stock pictures and images in the best photography agency ✔ reasonable prices ✔ millions of high quality and royalty-free stock photos and images. A video tutorial on How To Cook Couscous that will improve your african recipes, side dishes, cheap recipes, vegetarian main course recipes. Moroccan couscous is the tiniest and most readily available version.