Moroccan Smoked chicken and vegetables. Moroccan Couscous with Roasted Vegetables Chick Peas and Almonds. A flavorful, hearty Moroccan Couscous dish that's packed with roasted vegetables, chickpeas and almonds. Chicken Vegetable Couscous – Healthy Savory Moroccan-Inspired Recipe.
Take a trip to Morocco with this rich, exotic dish. A tagine is a North African slow-cooked stew named after the pot it's cooked in.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen. This Moroccan chicken is tender chicken thighs cooked in an aromatic sauce with olives and lemon. You can have Moroccan Smoked chicken and vegetables using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Moroccan Smoked chicken and vegetables
- It’s 1 lb. of Shredded smoked chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 of white onion (sliced).
- Prepare 1/2 of green bell pepper (sliced).
- It’s 5 of gloves garlic (sliced).
- Prepare 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables (if you don't have fresh).
- It’s 1 of jalapeno (sliced).
- You need 1 tbs of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- Prepare 1/2 cube of knorr chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dark chili powder.
- Prepare 3 of and 1/4 cups warm water (separate).
- Prepare 2 tsp of corn starch.
- You need 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
An easy dinner that's full of unique flavors! This chicken is great served over couscous or rice. I also often serve a green vegetable on the side like asparagus or broccoli. Moroccan Roasted Chicken starts with a rub of warm spices that include cinnamon, cumin, chili and mint.
Moroccan Smoked chicken and vegetables step by step
- Add oil to skillet (I used cast iron, as always lol) and heat. Add bell peppers and onions and saute for 4 minutes..
- Add garlic and jalapeno and saute for 2 more minutes..
- Add mixed vegetables..
- Add the 3 cups of water and all your seasonings..
- Bring to boil then lower heat to simmer and cook until liquid is reduced by half..
- Mix cornstarch with 1/4 cup of water and stir into skillet. Allow to cook a couple more minutes or until broth is thickened..
- Add chicken at the very end and stir. I served mine over russet potatoes!.
Roasted on top of fall vegetables all in one pan! Serve the roasted vegetables and chicken alongside and top with pomegranate arils and chopped parsley. Root vegetables grow underground and include sweet potatoes, turnips, parsnips, carrots, rutabagas, ginger, onion and garlic, just to name a few. BEST Moroccan Chicken recipe you will find. Tender, succulant chicken stew w/ warm Moroccan More Recipes to Try: Spicy Couscous with Shrimp and Chorizo; Easy Vegetable Tagine; One-Pot Moroccan chicken is essentially stewed or braised chicken with deep, lovely flavors from a special.