Malaysian Mee Hoon Goreng.
You can cook Malaysian Mee Hoon Goreng using 24 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Malaysian Mee Hoon Goreng
- Prepare of Spice Paste.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 4 of shallots.
- Prepare 10-12 of dried chillies, deseed then boil them to rehydrate. Once softer, squeeze the water off as much as you can.
- You need 1 tsp of dried shrimps, omit if making vegetarian noodles.
- Prepare of Blend the above ingredients into a fine paste.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sweet soya sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetarian oyster sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of light soya sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of thick caramel soya sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sesame oil, optional.
- It’s of Other ingredients.
- Prepare 150 grams of dry rice noodles, soak in cold water for few hours.
- Prepare 100 grams of beansprouts, tailed.
- It’s 50 grams of carrots, cut into matchsticks size.
- Prepare 50 grams of yellow and red pepper, cut into matchsticks size.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 3-4 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need of Garnish.
- Prepare of Deep fried sliced tofu.
- Prepare of Chopped spring onions.
- It’s of Crispy shallots.
- You need of Eggs, optional.
Malaysian Mee Hoon Goreng instructions
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a large wok over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and fry till it soften. Add in the blended spice paste and fry until fragrant and the oil starts to separate. This will take about 10 minutes. • Add the seasoning and stir to combine. Add some water if the mixture gets too dry.
- Add the carrot and peppers and mix well. Fry for 2 minutes then add the noodles and bean sprouts and turn the heat to low. Using 2 wooden spatulas, lift and turn the noodles till they are softened and evenly coated with the seasoning. The noodles will continue to soften as it cooks. Stir gently so the noodles don’t break..
- Dish out and garnish with fried tofu slices, crispy shallots and chopped spring onions. Serve straight away. If you like, you can add in eggs in the noodles as well. Beat 2 eggs with pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper, Heat 1 tsp of oil and fry the eggs just like you make scramble eggs. Transfer into a clean plate and add in in towards the end of your cooking time. Yumm.