Sate Lilit (Satay Lilit Bali).
You can cook Sate Lilit (Satay Lilit Bali) using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sate Lilit (Satay Lilit Bali)
- It’s 1 of medium size mackerel or seabass fillet.
- It’s 100 gram of chicken (optional).
- You need 1 cup of shredded young coconut (made from 1/4 coconut).
- You need 10 grams of coriander powder.
- It’s 4 of shallot.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 4 pcs of dried candlenuts.
- You need 4 of turmeric (each thumb sized).
- It’s 2 of red peppers.
- You need 1 of small chili pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 10 pcs of lemongrass.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of butter.
Sate Lilit (Satay Lilit Bali) step by step
- In a food processor put the spices, sugar, and salt (except lemon grass) and grind until soft and no big chunks or lumps, set aside.
- Use food processor again and grind the fish fillet and chicken together until soft and tender.
- Sauté the ground spices using vegetable oil until the flavour comes out and greasy.
- Inside a medium bowl, put the shredded coconut and sautéd spices together and mix gently until the shredded coconut turns yellowish.
- In the same bowl add in the ground fish and mix them altogether by hand until the texture is blended properly. The heat from the hand helps the mixture blend faster and create a sticky and greasy dough.
- Prepare the lemon grass and stick the satay dough on it like a skewer. Make sure you press hard enough to let no air between the skewer and the dough.
- Grill the satay or panfry it on a nonsticky pan (low heat) 2 mins each side and ocasionally put butter on it until golden brown.
- Serve with sambal matah or sambal kecap as the condiments 😉.