Indonesian goat curry. Buy Groceries at Amazon & Save. Ever since I returned from a trip to Bali, Indonesia, I have been making this addictive Indonesian Sambal Mutton Curry for quite some time now, which is a version of the Indonesian goat curry or kari kambing. In addition to tasting awesome Indonesian cuisine there, I also brought along jars of sambal of different brands and textures, as I had read a lot about.
They have a local restaurant that they go to frequently to get their fix, but one day I decided to surprise them and cook it for them at home, using beef from their CSA instead. Gulai is a type of food containing rich, spicy and succulent curry-like sauce commonly found in Sumatra, Indonesia. The main ingredients might be poultry, goat meat, beef, mutton, various kinds of offal, fish and seafood, and also vegetables such as cassava leaves and unripe jackfruit. You can cook Indonesian goat curry using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Indonesian goat curry
- You need 2 lbs of goat meat with bones (goat belly, goat leg meat).
- Prepare 1 can of coconut milk.
- It’s 1 of lemongrass.
- It’s 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 2 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- You need 1 inch of galangal.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 2 of star anise.
- It’s 3 pods of cardamom.
- You need 2 of cloves.
- Prepare 5 of shallots.
- It’s 5 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 4 of candlenuts.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 inch of fresh ginger.
- You need 1 inch of fresh turmeric.
- You need 2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of fried shallots or onions.
The gulai sauces commonly have a thick consistency with yellowish colour because of the addition of ground. A type of curry dish prepared with goat meat. It is popular during Eid ul-Adha. Kari kepala ikan: Malay Curry dish A type of curry dish cooked using head of a red snapper, influenced by Indian and Peranakan cuisine.
Indonesian goat curry instructions
- Boil the goat meat for 30 minutes, discard the water..
- Grind shallots, garlic, coriander powder, white pepper powder, ginger, candlenuts, and turmeric using mortar and pestle or a blender with 1 tablespoon of oil..
- On medium high heat sautee the clove, cardamom, cinnamon, and star anise until fragrant around 10 seconds..
- Followed with the paste mix, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, bay leaves and galangal. Sautee for 3 minutes until fragrant..
- Pour in the water and the goat meat, bring to a boil. Add the coconut milk and salt. I'm using pressure cooker, cook it on meat/stew setting or 45 minutes. Sprinkle the fried shallots..
Kari rajungan East Java Curry dish A type of curry dish cooked using portunidae. Kari udang: Sumatra Place lamb in a saucepan of water. Drain, then rinse in cold water and pat dry with paper towel. Place spice mix ingredients in a small food processor and process to a coarse paste. Woku (Manado soup curry) Technically, woku is an Indonesian Sualwesi blend of different spices and herbs like chilies, lemon basil, shallots, garlic, and tomatoes, that's usually prepared with fish or chicken, and can be the consistency of anywhere from soup to more dry..