Classic Potato Salad. This classic potato salad is what you want! It's made with boiled potatoes, sour cream, mayo, green onions, celery, parsley, pickles and Going to a cookout? This classic potato salad is what you want!
Get back to basics with a traditional potato salad featuring chopped celery, sweet pickle relish, and eggs combined with a tangy. I make this classic potato salad a lot for pot lucks and picnics. Boil peeled potatoes in salted water until done. You can cook Classic Potato Salad using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Classic Potato Salad
- It’s 3 of large russet potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of celery stock – diced.
- It’s 2 of Green onion – chopped.
- Prepare 4 of eggs – hard boiled, then diced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of real mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of mustard.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare of Salt & Pepper – to your liking.
- Prepare 1 of sprinkle of paprika (Optional garnish).
Classically, mayo and mustard are used to bind together those tender chunks, while celery and shallots add some crunch. A classic potato salad is a must have at every picnic and barbecue and this is the best of the best. What kind of potatoes are best for potato salad? Now is not the time to use.
Classic Potato Salad instructions
- Wash, peel, & boil potatoes. Approx. 10-15 minutes or until easily pierced with a fork – do not over cook as you don’t want them overly mushy. Once cooked, drain, & cube to desired size..
- In a large mixing bowl combine the celery, green onion, eggs, mayo, mustard & vinegar. (I personally add an extra heaping spoonful of mayo & a squirt of spicy mustard to the mix)..
- Once ingredients in step 2 are combined toss in the potatoes, fold gently until well mixed. Salt & Pepper to taste (add additional mayo if needed)..
- Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with paprika!.
Baby potatoes have a naturally sweet flavor and creamy texture that's delicious in this classic potato salad recipe. Classic Potato Salad has simple ingredients with amazing flavor. Have you ever seen a potato salad that looks like a sad mush? That usually happens from using the wrong kind of potatoes. My classic potato salad recipe is made with tender potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar and a special blend of seasonings.