Mandys spicy potato wedges. Healthier than fried, these chunky wedges are a true delight and perfect for busy weeknight meals. Potato Wedges – A Side Dish For Any Occasion. In this house, we love potatoes.
Rinse the potatoes and cut into wedges. Mix the lemon juice, chile powder, curry powder and olive oil. Cut the potatoes in half and then cut into four wedge shapes as shown below. You can cook Mandys spicy potato wedges using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mandys spicy potato wedges
- You need 1 lb of baby potatoes.
- Prepare 2 tsp of of tumeric.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
Serve as they are or melt some grated cheese melted over the wedges. Make our tasty Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges recipe in under an hour! Our Spicy Sweet Potato Wedges sure to be a big hit! Spicy Potato Wedges recipe: Try this Spicy Potato Wedges recipe, or contribute your own.
Mandys spicy potato wedges step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F, meanwhile chop potatoes into quarters (wedges) and wash.
- Put potatoes into a pot of cool water with the turmeric (for the colour) and season with a good pinch of salt, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and cook for 5-8 minutes until starting to soften.
- Drain well and allow to steam dry for a minute in the cooking pot.
- Next add all the remaining seasonings with the oil and mix until potatoes are fully coated put onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for 30- 40 minutes until fully cooked and slightly crispy..
- Remove from oven check seasoning and serve. Great along with roasted chicken breast, or fried fish.
Place the wedges on a baking tray, season with salt and pepper and pour half the oil over them. Potato wedges are a classic side dish and this baked spicy garlic version is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. Perfect for busy weeknights or casual I love using garlic powder, chilli flakes and herbs to season potato wedges but any herbs and spices will work. Baked wedges are the perfect side dish. When my husband and I barbecue with friends, we always bring these, and everyone loves them.