Barbecued Chicken Halves.
You can have Barbecued Chicken Halves using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Barbecued Chicken Halves
- You need 4 each of Chicken Halves.
- You need 2 cup of Barbecue Sauce.
- You need of Brine.
- Prepare 1 quart of Water.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1 cup of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Molasses.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cajun Seasoning.
- You need 2 tbsp of Granulated Garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 3 quart of Cold Water.
Barbecued Chicken Halves step by step
- Place 1 quart of water into a sauce pan over medium-high heat..
- Add salt and sugar, stir well and then bring to a boil..
- Once mixture comes to a boil, add molasses and spices and return to a boil, then immediately remove from the heat..
- Add the 3 quarts of cold water to the brine to reduce the temperature..
- Place chicken halve into the cooled brine and make sure they are completely submerged. Brine, under refrigeration for 4-8 hours..
- Set up the grill for indirect cooking (smoking)..
- Place the chicken halves over the central drip pan and add wood. Cook at 250°-275°F for approximately 1 hour, then begin brushing the sauce onto the chicken..
- Repeat saucing every 10-15 minutes until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (measured with a probe thermometer in the thickest part of the thigh..
- Allow to rest for at least 10 minutes before serving..