Sausage in the Middle Roasted Potatos with Roasted Middles.
You can have Sausage in the Middle Roasted Potatos with Roasted Middles using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sausage in the Middle Roasted Potatos with Roasted Middles
- You need 4 of or more (depending on how many you can eat) Red Potatos, medium sized.
- It’s 4 of or more ( one sausage for each potato ) raw breakfast sausage.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese, grated.
- It’s 4 of thinly sliced green onions or chives.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sour cream mixed with 1tablespoon chopped chives or green onions.
Sausage in the Middle Roasted Potatos with Roasted Middles step by step
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil add unpeeled whole potatoes and cook just until starting to get tender but are still quite firm.Depending on size of potatos about 5 to 10 minutes. Remove from water to cool..
- With a apple corer make a hole straight through the potato keeping the midde part intact. Set all middles aside for now..
- Peel potatos carefully, push one raw sausage into middle of potato, squish it in if need be..
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large ovenproof skillet heat oil and butter add sausage stuffed potatos, season lightly with salt and pepper, ( the other seasoning comes at the end.) Add potatos to hot butter/oil mixture and coat well. Tranfer to oven and roast about 1 hour turning to have all sides become golden and crispy, add potato middles now and roast until they are golden and crispy, about 10 minutes. Remove all potatos to a serving dish, sprinke evenly with garlic powder, cajun seasoning, pepper and cheese, add salt to taste..
- Garnish with chopped green onions or chives..
- Serve with sour cream and chives or green onions if desired..