king ranch chicken. The classic King Ranch chicken casserole is bursting with cheese, chicken, and pepper goodness. King Ranch chicken is a popular Tex-Mex casserole. Its name comes from King Ranch, one of the largest ranches in the United States, although the actual history of the dish is unknown and there is no direct connection between the dish and the ranch.
King Ranch Chicken Casserole is a classic Texan casserole, with layers of chicken, cheese, tortillas, and a rich creamy gravy (read about the purported history of the casserole here). Spread a third of sauce over tortillas, then top with half the chicken and a third of cheese. Hailing from an era when casseroles were king, this Tex-Mex dish still reigns supreme at church suppers and neighborhood potlucks. You can have king ranch chicken using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of king ranch chicken
- You need 14 1/4 cup of margarine.
- You need 1 of ggreen pepper chopped.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s 1 can of crean of nushroom soup.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1 can of rotel tomatoes.
- It’s 2 cup of chopped and shredded chicken.
- It’s 12 of corn rotorillas.
- You need 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
This cheesy casserole is basically a Texan lasagna! Layers of crispy corn tortillas, cheese, and a creamy chicken mixture loaded with bell peppers, tomatoes, green chiles. This King Ranch chicken is a casserole made with layers of corn tortillas, creamy chicken, vegetables and cheese, all baked to bubbly perfection. An easy dinner option that's perfect for feeding a crowd!
king ranch chicken instructions
- set oven to 350degrees.
- in large saucepan cook pepper and onions. add rotel and chicken. add cans soups, stir.
- spray 13×9 inch pan. alternately layer, with tortillas on bottom.add soups and cheese on each layer ending with cheese.
- bake for 40 min..
Creamy King Ranch Chicken Casserole loaded with chicken, tortillas, cheese, and green chiles. This zesty King Ranch Casserole Recipe is packed with comfort, not canned soup! Line the bottom of the baking dish with half of the torn tortillas. King Ranch Chicken is basically an enchilada casserole, but it's creamier than most. And yes, most recipes for it call for canned cream soup.