Classic Potato Salad. Now Choose From Multiple Easy Potato Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. My classic potato salad recipe is made with tender potatoes, hard-boiled eggs, mayonnaise, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar and a special blend of seasonings. It's the best best potato with egg ever!.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drain the potatoes and spread out on a sheet pan to cool. Potato salad has to be the summer dish that is most personal!! You can have Classic Potato Salad using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Classic Potato Salad
- It’s 6 cups of cooked potatoes (chopped).
- You need 6-8 of hard boiled eggs (chopped).
- Prepare 4-5 stalks of celery (chopped).
- Prepare 1 of med. onion (diced).
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 cups of mayo.
- Prepare 3 tbs of mustard.
- You need 3-4 tbs of white vinegar.
- It’s of salt&pepper.
We all swear that our mother's recipe (or ours) is the perfect one. This one comes close, but my perfect potato salad (my mom's recipe, natch) has regular old garden cucumber in it too-even the seeds; they add a cool texture. A classic potato salad is a must have at every picnic and barbecue and this is the best of the best. It's creamy, tangy, with a little bit of crunch, and the pickles make this potato salad stand.
Classic Potato Salad instructions
- For microwave potatoes: dice potatoes, add to microwave safe bowl, add eggs, cover all completely with water, microwave on high: 20 mins or until potatoes are fork tender, but not falling apart or soft enough for mashing. When done, drain water, place eggs and potatoes in the freezer for 20-30 mins. Stiring around every once in a while for even cooling..
- Once potatoes and eggs are cold. Peel and chop eggs, then mix all solid ingredients with seasoning. Add dressing, mix well..
- Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. (For added spice and appearance sprinkle top with paprika).
Most potato salads look and taste better when made with low-starch red boiling potatoes. Choose potatoes that are all roughly the same size, if possible, so they cook in the same time. Get back to basics with a traditional potato salad featuring chopped celery, sweet pickle relish, and eggs combined with a tangy mayonnaise-based dressing flavored with mustard and vinegar. Boil peeled potatoes in salted water until done. Place diced potatoes in large bowl.