Classic Macaroni Salad.
You can cook Classic Macaroni Salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic Macaroni Salad
- It’s 3 1/4 cup of Mayonaise.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Prepared yellow mustard (optional).
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 8 oz of Elbow macaroni (cooked as directed on box, rinsed with cold water & drained).
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped celery.
- You need 1 cup of Chopped red or green bell pepper.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Chopped tomatoes if desired.
- You need 1/3 cup of Finely shredded cheddar cheese to sprinkle on top if desired.
Classic Macaroni Salad step by step
- In large bowl combine first 6 ingredients..
- Add elbow macaroni, celery, green pepper and onion (& chopped tomato); toss to coat..
- Sprinkle with finely shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover; chill to blend flavors..