Corn Dogs. A corn dog (also spelled corndog) is a sausage (usually a hot dog) on a stick that has been coated in a thick layer of cornmeal batter and deep fried. Our corn dogs aren't just yummy. Served alongside your little one's favorite fruits and veggies.
Hot dogs are skewered on sticks, dipped in corn batter, and then fried to a golden brown. This Corn Dog Recipe is a classic fair treat that's easy to make at home! Mix together a quick cornmeal batter, dip the hot dogs, and fry for a few minutes until golden brown. You can have Corn Dogs using 11 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Corn Dogs
- Prepare 1 cup of Yellow corn meal.
- It’s 1 cup of Plain flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Butter milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Honey.
- It’s 10 of Wooden skewers.
- You need 10 of Hotdogs.
Prepare corn dogs at home just like you'd get at the fair. Both kids and grown-ups will love this hearty corn dog batter. Corn Dogs Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Corn dogs are popular fair food, and for good reason: the crunchy cornmeal crust pairs perfectly with the juicy hot dog within.
Corn Dogs step by step
- In medium or large pot add the 2 quart oil. Turn heat to medium and heat oil to 350°F. In a large bowl add dry ingredients mix together. Then add beaten egg, buttermilk, oil and honey. Stir until combined. The batter should be thicker than pancake batter..
- Wipe hotdogs dry with a paper towel. Insert skewers in each hotdog. Pour batter into a tall drinking glass. Dunk each hotdog into the glass of batter, coating all the hotdog. Immediately place each dog into hot oil, while holding onto the stick. Turn as necessary to brown on all sides. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until all sides are a deep golden brown. Remove the hotdog and drain on paper towel, repeat for each dog. Serve with dipping sauces like ketchup, mustard or honey mustard..
Mounting them on a stick creates a portable treat. I should've ordered two or just gone for the footlong. Easy Homemade Corn Dogs (アメリカンドッグ) recipe that takes just minutes to make, and they are a perfect snack for summer BBQ and parties. Inspired by the Japanese drama – Midnight Diner. Its like a layer of crispy corn bread around the hot dog.