Mike's 5 Way Corn On The Cob.
You can have Mike's 5 Way Corn On The Cob using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's 5 Way Corn On The Cob
- Prepare of Corn On The Cob.
- You need 4 of large Ears Of Corn [de-husked & washed].
- Prepare 4 of large Absorbant Paper Towels.
- Prepare 4 of large Pieces Plastic Wrap.
- It’s 1 pints of Whole Milk.
Mike's 5 Way Corn On The Cob instructions
- Use only young, fresh ears of corn..
- Wash and de-husk corn ears..
- IF MICROWAVING CORN ON THE COB: Wrap individually in thick, milk soaked paper towels. [milk brings out the sweetness of the corn].
- Following that, wrap in plastic wrap though corn will still cook well without it if need be..
- Microwave approximately 5 minutes depending upon your microwave strength..
- IF BOILING EARS OF CORN, add 1 1/2 cups whole milk to your water for sweet and delicious corn on the cob every time! Boil 10 minutes after full boil and allow to float until served! Watch fluid though! Milk tends to foam and overflow!.
- IF COOKING IN A CROCK POT: Coat cobs with salted butter or olive oil and season to taste. Wrap in tinfoil making certain there are no leaks. Do this by pinching ends together down the center, folding in your right and left side, then roll up cob tightly..
- Place in crock pot on high for 4 to 5 hours or until soft..
- Some seasoning ideas to add to corn before grilling, crock potting, baking or grilling are: — Sea Salt & Pepper: Brush corn with butter or olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. — Chili Lime: Brush corn ears with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lime juice [a lime half has enough juice for 2-3 ears], sprinkle with chili powder, [hot or mild according to your preference] and a smidgen of ground cumin. — Fresh Herbs: Brush corn with butter or olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Chop a fresh herb or combination of herbs and sprinkle on corn. — Curry Coconut: Brush corn with coconut milk, [instead of olive oil] and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on curry powder and a smidgen of garlic powder. — Pesto: Spread corn with prepared pesto. [no additional seasoning is needed] — Sriracha: Spread corn with Sriracha or any other hot chili sauce. [no additional seasoning is needed] Courtesy of the good folks at, "AYummyLife.com.".
- FOR GRILLING AND BAKING: The foil-wrapped ears can also be grilled over medium-high heat for approximately 20 minutes, rotating them periodically. Or, bake them in the oven at 350° for approximately 30 minutes wrapped in butter or olive oil in tinfoil and any additional seasonings. There are countless options. Just read the picture reviews! You'll surly find something that suits you!.