Cauliflower Zaalouk (Moroccan Spiced Salad).
You can cook Cauliflower Zaalouk (Moroccan Spiced Salad) using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Zaalouk (Moroccan Spiced Salad)
- It’s 1 of medium sized cauliflower.
- You need 4 of large garlic cloves.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped parsley and cilantro (mixed).
- You need 2 of small preserved lemons (keep one aside for serving).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground paprika.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Sumac (optional).
Cauliflower Zaalouk (Moroccan Spiced Salad) step by step
- Break or slice the cauliflower into medium-sized chunks..
- Bring a large pot filled with salted water to the boil, add the cauliflower chunks, cover, and cook until the cauliflower is tender enough to mash..
- In the meantime, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Crush and finely chop the garlic cloves. Finely chop the fresh parsley and cilantro. Remove the pulp of one of the preserved lemons, and finely chop it..
- Once the cauliflower is cooked (it should be tender enough that you can easily cut and mash it using a fork), drain the cauliflower and place in a large bowl. Mash the cauliflower with a wooden spoon until you get a soft mixture. It doesn't have to be completely smooth, leave some pieces for texture..
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat, add the crushed garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Now add the mashed cauliflower, ground paprika, ground cumin, chopped preserved lemon pulp, chopped parsley and cilantro, salt, and pepper. Mix well..
- Cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly. Taste and adjust the spices to your taste. Continue cooking for another 10 minutes until the liquids are absorbed..
- Serve decorated with slices of preserved lemon, a sprinkling of sumac (optional) and crusty bread!.