You can cook Roti John using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roti John
- Prepare 1 of halved baguette (medium).
- Prepare 7 ounces of ground beef.
- You need 1 of sliced red chili pepper.
- You need 4 of lightly beaten eggs.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion (medium).
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s of Cooking oil.
Roti John instructions
- Season your beef with the chili, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and some pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan on medium high heat. Cook the beef until all the liquid has dried up, which usually takes about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Mix your beef, onions, the remaining salt, and some pepper in a bowl.
- Slice each baguette half in half lengthwise again, leaving a small piece still attached to the bread.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in another pan on medium high heat. Pour half of the egg mixture into the pan and swirl the egg to spread slightly apart.
- Place one baguette half (placed cut side down in the pan) onto the egg mixture. With a spatula, press down on the bread. Cook for 2 minutes while pressing down regularly.
- Using your spatula, tuck any excess egg into the baguette. Turn bread over and leave until the top part is lightly brown. Fold your baguette over and place onto a cutting board.
- Cut the bread into slices and transfer each slice onto plates.
- Place the beef and the toppings of your choice onto your sandwich.