Cornbread salad. Southern Cornbread Salad Recipe photo by Taste of Home. I've been making this for years. This Cornbread Salad is a potluck favorite and is sure to please just about everyone!
There are so many wonderful recipes around this world and I'm blessed to have tried just a handful of them. Our distinctly Southern cornbread salad is loaded with flavor. Crumbled cornbread is combined with bacon, vegetables, and a flavorful mayo Cornbread Salad With Bacon, Cheddar, and Ranch. You can cook Cornbread salad using 11 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cornbread salad
- You need 1 box of Mexican (can use plain) cornbread mix.
- It’s 2 packages of bacon bits (or 10 slices cooked/crumbled bacon).
- It’s 2 of large bell peppers (I use red and/or orange).
- It’s 1 bunch of green onions.
- You need 2 of medium tomatoes (optional).
- It’s 1 packages of frozen corn (large).
- Prepare 2 can of ranch style beans (or similar type).
- Prepare 1 envelope of dry ranch mix.
- You need 1 cup of fat free mayonnaise.
- You need 1 cup of fat free sour cream.
- You need 2 cup of reduced fat or fat free grated cheese (cheddar or Mexican).
Not only does it taste delicious, but this salad also looks gorgeous on the table. This southwest cornbread salad has flavorful layers of crumbled cornbread, veggies, bacon, cheese and a delicious ranch salsa dressing. The perfect way to spice up a potluck! This easy-to-make cornbread salad uses homemade cornbread, red kidney beans, corn, Vidalia onion, bell pepper and cheddar.
Cornbread salad step by step
- Bake cornbread following directions on box..
- Combine dry ranch mix, sour cream and mayo until smooth. Chill while cornbread is cooking..
- While cornbread is cooking prepare corn according to directions on package. Let cool..
- Open and drain beans..
- Chop tomatoes, peppers, and green onions into bite sized pieces..
- Once cornbread is done, let cool..
- Once cooled, crumble cornbread up until it looks like fine bread crumbs..
- Begin layering process. When layering remember to smooth out evenly..
- Layer 1: 1/2 cornbread.
- Layer 2: 1/2 bacon.
- Layer 3: 1/2 bell peppers.
- Layer 4: 1/2 green onions and tomatoes.
- Layer 5: 1/2 corn.
- Layer 6: 1/2 beans.
- Layer 7: 1/2 dressing mix, spread smoothly.
- Layer 8: 1/2 cheese.
- Continue layering following same order. Should make two layers of each..
- Chill layered salad until ready to serve. Enjoy!.
Layers of colorful veggies and the comforting flavor of cornbread set the stage for this delightful cornbread salad. Cornbread Salad from Deep South Dish blog. A delicious salad made using crumbled cornbread and a variety of vegetables, mixed with a mayonnaise and sour cream Ranch dressing and garnished with. Reserve this Layered Mexican Cornbread Salad for the warm summer nights ahead when dinner should be light and refreshing but still dazzlingly yummy. Cornbread salad is one of my favorite recipes.