Singapore inspired Laksa. Don't leave Singapore without trying laksa. Read our article to know where Singaporeans have our best Don't leave Singapore without trying laksa. You can find both curry laksa and assam laksa in.
Stay tune for more exciting Laksa/ Curry DIY Sets coming up soon. For any further information, don't be shy and DM us today! Authentic Singapore Laksa is incredibly flavorful, rich, delicious, plus this version is super easy to make, and packs a very authentic flavor! You can have Singapore inspired Laksa using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Singapore inspired Laksa
- It’s 6 of chicken thighs.
- It’s 4 of Spring onion chopped.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger chopped.
- Prepare 1 of chicken stock pot.
- It’s 1 leaf of kaffir lime.
- It’s 1 of lime.
- You need 2 tbsp of red curry paste.
- Prepare 3 of nests egg noodles.
- You need 1 tin of coconut milk.
- It’s 5 tbsp of chopped coriander.
Laksa is the soul of Peranakan food and one of the nation's go-to dishes so we show you where to go for the best. Laksa refers to various types of curry noodle soups. Singaporean laksa uses a coconut curry broth that is complex, fragrant, and just the right Singaporean Laksa – Seafood Curry Noodle Soup. Laksa, originally a Peranakan dish, has managed to capture the hearts and stomachs of both Singaporeans and Malaysians.
Singapore inspired Laksa step by step
- Trim any fatty bits from the chicken thighs. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Once hot add the chicken and cook for around 4 minutes on each side then remove. Tip: The chicken is cooked when it is no longer pink in the middle..
- Meanwhile bring 900 ml of water to the boil in a kettle. Finely chop the spring onions widthways into ½cm discs, separate the white from the green parts and peel and finely chop the garlic. Peel the ginger using the edge of a spoon and chop it very finely..
- Meanwhile heat 2 tbsp of oil on medium heat in a saucepan big enough to hold the soup. Add in the whites of the spring onions, the garlic and ginger. After one minute add the red curry paste and stir. Tip: If you are sensitive to spice add the paste bit by bit to taste..
- After another minute add in the coconut milk and stir until smooth. Add the stock pot with the 900ml of water and bring to a simmer..
- Add the peanut butter, the kaffir lime leaf and ½ tsp of sugar (if you have some). Roll the lime firmly between the flat of your hand and the work surface. Once you've loosened it up, cut it in half and squeeze the lime juice into the laksa. Simmer gently for 10 mins..
- 6 After 10 mins add the noodle nests and cook for around 5 mins or until the noodles are soft enough to eat..
- Lastly, thinly slice the chicken and add it to the soup. Serve into big bowls with a topping of chopped coriander and the greens of the spring onions..
Here are the best laksas in Singapore. Laksa Premix: Coconut Milk Powder (Coconut Milk Solids, Maltodextrin, Sodium Caseinate), Sugar Truly an authentic laksa taste and colour. It comes with the thick rice. How about a laksa-inspired cocktail to go with your bowl of prawn noodles? The dishes are: chicken rice, laksa, "Singapore-style laksa", carrot cake, roti prata with fish curry, fish ball kway teow soup.