Satay – Malaysian Satay.
You can have Satay – Malaysian Satay using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Satay – Malaysian Satay
- You need of A Chicken.
- Prepare 2 kg of Chicken Breast.
- You need of B Blend.
- It’s 1 of large red onion.
- You need 2 of large brown onion.
- It’s 3 of garlics.
- It’s 5 slices of ginger.
- You need 5 slices of galangal.
- Prepare 6 of long stalks of lemon grass.
- It’s of (Thinly sliced before blending).
- You need of C Spices.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of tumeric powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Fennel powder.
- It’s 2 C of white sugar.
- You need 1 C of coconut sugar.
- You need of (Or use only 3-4 C white sugar).
- You need of D Glazing.
- It’s of Paste from the marination.
- It’s of Few tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Honey.
- It’s of Bamboo / metal skewers.
Satay – Malaysian Satay instructions
- A – cut/cube chicken breast no bigger than a size of a thumb. Blend ingredients in B & prepare ingredients in C..
- Marinate chicken in B (blended ingredients) & C (spices), preferably few hours or overnight..
- Thread chicken onto skewers, keeping some of the paste for later use. If using bamboo skewers, soak them for at least an hour before using. Next, Preheat grill to medium heat. Place skewers on the grill, cook, turning satays & occasionally brushing them with the paste from earlier (mixed with oil & honey). Grill until satays are completely done..
- Serve with peanut sauce/gravy. Recipe for peanut is available..