Malaysian Satay sauce.
You can cook Malaysian Satay sauce using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Malaysian Satay sauce
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- It’s 300 g of peanuts.
- Prepare 3 cm of ginger.
- You need 2 cm of galangal (wild ginger).
- It’s 1 tbsp of chilli paste.
- It’s 2 of lemon grass.
- You need 70 g of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tamarind paste.
- Prepare of Salt, oil and water.
Malaysian Satay sauce step by step
- Roast the peanuts at 200c for 20 minutes. Then blitz in blender with the ginger, galangal and lemon grass. Tip into a bowl and keep to the side..
- Blitz the onion in the blender then fry in 2 tbsp oil until brown..
- Add the chilli paste, peanut mixture, tamarind paste and sugar and add enough water to make a thick soup consistency..
- Add salt, sugar and chilli to taste. Simmer until you reach preferred consistency..
- In Malaysia this is typically served with chicken or beef satay, raw red onion, cucumber and chunks of compressed rice..