Kale Curry – Indonesian curry *Vegan friendly.
You can have Kale Curry – Indonesian curry *Vegan friendly using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kale Curry – Indonesian curry *Vegan friendly
- It’s 200 gr of Kale (I dont use the stem) – cut small.
- It’s 2,5 of shallot (UK type which is quite big) – peeled and cut.
- Prepare 3 of red chillies (optional).
- Prepare 5 of Bird chillies (optional).
- You need 4 of garlic – cut.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2-3 of candlenuts (optional) – grill and cut.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ginger.
- Prepare 1 of lemongrass – used the white bit and slice.
- It’s of oil to stir fry.
- You need 1 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of kaffir limes (optional) – dont use the stem, it can be bitter.
- It’s 1 tsp of mince galangal.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar (lessen if you prefered).
- It’s 1 tsp of knorr chicken stock.
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper.
- It’s 80 ml of coconut milk.
- You need 400 ml of water.
Kale Curry – Indonesian curry *Vegan friendly instructions
- In a pan, boil water, add a pinch of salt (this is not in above list) and boil the kale. this should take about 20-25 minutes. try it and make sure it's a. bit soft. Drain and squeeze to make sure not water left. This will make about 1 palm of a hand. Set aside..
- Blends: shallots, garlic, galangal, ginger, chillies, bird chillies, lemongrass, till smooth..
- In a pan, heat some oil and fry the blends ingredients in medium to low heat. put the kaffir leaves, bay leaves and fry till it change it's colour (darken). This will take about 15-20 minutes..
- Add the water, then add the coconut milk. Add salt, white pepper, knorr and sugar. Taste it..
- Add the kale (and the salted fish if you used). cook for about 25 minutes. taste and add what neccesary. and it's done :).