Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk. Shish Tawook is a popular Middle Eastern grilled chicken recipe. Chunks of tender & juicy chicken marinated in yogurt, garlic, olive oil, and spices and served with a garlic aioli (Toum). The freshness of the lemon- and thyme-marinated chicken, the addictive qualities of the toum (garlic sauce), the salty chew of the grilled halloumi, and the spice and sweetness of the peppadews and the grilled lemon make every bite a celebration.
Other sides that would work are tomatoes, tahini, olives, feta, or hummus. Harissa would also work great to add some spice. I used Chicken thighs instead of breast, Egg Replacer to substitute the egg and I would recommend to marinate overnight. You can cook Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk
- It’s 1 kg of chicken breasts, cut in medium cubes.
- Prepare of – For the marinade:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- You need 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- You need 2/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- It’s 10 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried thyme.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of 7 spices.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt.
Lemon and garlic bring a burst of flavor to these grilled chicken skewers. Shish Tawook (or Shish Taouk) is a traditional Middle Eastern marinated chicken dish. Chicken shawarma most often adds warmer spices (cinnamon, allspice, etc) and omits the lemon brightness, for a deeper flavored meat. Easy Grilled Chicken Breast Recipe + Homemade Spice Rub.
Grilled chicken cubes with garlic and spices – shish taouk instructions
- To prepare the marinade, mix the ketchup and mayonnaise in a deep bowl. Add the lemon juice and stir well so the mixture does not clot..
- Add in the crushed garlic, thyme, 7 spices, black pepper, paprika, and salt. Mix well. Gradually add the vegetable oil while stirring..
- Add the chicken pieces to the bowl, mix well and let them marinate in the refrigerator for 3 hr..
- Preheat the oven on medium heat, transfer the chicken cubes with their marinade to an oven tray and put it in the oven for 30 to 45 min or until the chicken is well done and the sauce thickens..
- Serve with garlic cream and fried potatoes..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'garlic cream' in this application..
I have to say my top two favorites are: Grilled Chicken and Pan Seared Chicken. Those two methods tend to be the best at giving the chicken an awesome flavor on the outside, searing in all the goodness, and the keeping the center. Juicy chicken thighs are seasoned with a shish taouk blend including allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon and roasted in the oven on a bed of potatoes. Once cooked, its dressed with a touch of delicate parsley and garlic oil. On the side, pita is grilled and crumbled into a salad of fresh romaine lettuce, crisp.