You can have Syrian Baklava using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Syrian Baklava
- It’s 500 g of phyllo dough sheets, 24 sheets.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 3 cups of walnuts, finely ground.
- It’s of Sugar Syrup.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rosewater.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
Syrian Baklava step by step
- To prepare the sugar syrup: put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 min until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl..
- For the baklawa, butter a baking pan that has the same size as the phyllo sheets. Spread out 12 sheets, generously buttering each sheet layer..
- Spread the walnuts evenly on the 12th sheet and top the walnut with 12 other sheets; always brushing the layers with butter..
- Cut the dough in lozenges. Make sure to cut all the way through the layers..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180˚C for around 30 min or until the top becomes golden and the dough is puffed up..
- Remove from the oven and pour the sugar syrup over it and leave it to completely absorb the syrup..
- Serve in lozenge pieces..