Indonesian coconut beef. Indonesian Coconut Beef recipe: Try this Indonesian Coconut Beef recipe, or contribute your own. Add beef and fry, stirring, until brown. This is a simplified version of beef rendang, a dry-style curry usually involving a long, slow simmer in coconut.
Indonesian Food recipe: Traditional Javanese side dish Serundeng Daging. Indonesian Beef Curry with Coconut Rice. Coconut milk in the rice helps tame the heat from the serrano chiles. You can cook Indonesian coconut beef using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indonesian coconut beef
- It’s 1 1/2 lb of Boneless sirloin steak trimmed.
- You need 3 tbsp of Corn oil.
- Prepare 1 large of Spanish onion sliced.
- Prepare 1 clove of Garlic crushed.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chili seasoning.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of Shredded unsweetened coconut.
- It’s 2 tsp of Light brown sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Beef stock.
- It’s 1 of Thin slivers red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of Chopped green chilies.
- Prepare 1 small of slices onion.
For milder curry, seed the serranos. Slowly simmering beef chuck with Indonesian spice paste, coconut milk, and lemongrass yields an amazingly tender, rich dish that's great with both white rice or crusty bread. View top rated Indonesian rendang beef with coconut recipes with ratings and reviews. Beef Rendang – the best and authentic beef rendang recipe online!
Indonesian coconut beef instructions
- Cut steak in 1/2 inch thick strips..
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Add Spanish onion slices and garlic and fry gently until soft. Add beef and fry, stirring, until brown..
- Add the spices to the beef and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add coconut, brown sugar, lemon juice, and beef stock; stir well..
- Simmer gently uncovered 30 to 35 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until mixture is thickened and dry. Stir mixture more frequently towards the end of cooking time to prevent sticking..
- Garnish with slivers of bell pepper green chilies and small slices of onion..
- If you prefer a more moist mixture, cook 20 to 25 minutes instead of 30 to 35 minutes..
Spicy, rich and creamy Malaysian/Indonesian beef stew made with beef, spices and coconut milk. Cut down the chile peppers considerably if you don't want it SUPER spicy. Indonesian Food Indonesian cuisine is one of the most vibrant and colourful cuisines in the world It is made of slices of fried or barbecued oxtail, served in vegetable soup with rich but clear beef broth. Indonesian cuisine is a collection of various regional culinary traditions that formed the archipelagic nation of Indonesia. There are a wide variety of recipes and cuisines in part because Indonesia is.